Cataract happens when the transparent-crystalline lens of the eye becomes opaque when humor of the brain falls over the pupil and so the entrance of the light is hampered and the vision is unclear or blinded.
Symptoms of Cataract
* A blurred vision is the first sign, later followed by double vision or spots or both and blindness gradually increases.
* At first vision in twilight is better than daylight.
* In advance stages there is a grayish-white discoloration.
Causes of Cataract
* Faulty style of living, poor nutrition and dietetic errors develop poisons in the blood stream which finds shelter in the lens if it has been weakened due to stress, local irritation and excessive use of eyes. With passage of time cataract develops.
* Vitamin deficiencies (especially Vitamin C – Sources and Functionsvitamin C).
* Excess intake of alcohol, sugar salt.
* Smoking, aging, side effects of drugs and radiation.
* Diabetes, fatty acid intolerances.
* Gall-bladder or gastrointestinal disturbances and stress and strain.
Treatment of Cataract
* In early stages the system should be cleared of toxic material.
* Begin with a fast of orange juice for 3-4 days.
* Next a restricted diet should be followed for 2 weeks.
* Breakfast – any juicy fruit, lunch – vegetable salads with olive oil and lemon juice and soaked figs, raisins or dates, evening – steamed vegetables and nuts or fruits. Later a full balanced diet can be resumed. These fasts should be repeated again after 3 months.
* Take aniseed in the morning and evening. Mix equal quantities of coriander powder and aniseed with brown sugar.
* Vigor can be restored to the eyes when mixture prepared by grinding almonds, pepper together in water and sweetened with sugar candy.
* Relax and strengthen the eyes by gently moving them up and down from side to side, in a circle, clockwise and anti clockwise and rotating the neck in circles and semicircles.
* Epsom salt bath twice a week for 25 minutes is good. And at least twice daily closed-eyes should be bathed with hot water containing Epsom salt.
* For cataract caused by stress element, anti-stress diet rich in protein, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Pantothenic acid and nutrients is beneficial.
* Walking and fresh air are also useful